Final Fantasy XII Remaster Gets Release Date

Final Fantasy XII Remaster Gets Release Date

If you’re a big Final Fantasy fan but have exhausted all of the content in XV, then Square Enix has some good news. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age – an HD version of the 2006 RPG – is set to release on PS4 on 11 July in Europe.

Final Fantasy XII takes place in the fictional world of Ivalice, with an endless war waging between two major factions. Controlling a party of misfits, players move their characters around the battlefield in real-time, as their abilities and actions roll out at set intervals – similar to an MMO.

The game was also praised for its growth systems, the License Board. It allowed players to grow their characters in whichever way they chose, focusing on techniques, melee, or different schools of magic. Another layer of customisation came in the form of Gambits, which let players essentially create complex AI routines for their team.

The remaster will feature new music and trophies, as well as run at a smoother framerate.

We’ll keep you updated if Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age’s release date differs in New Zealand.

Source: Eurogamer

Posted by Bank
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 8:34 AM
Yossssh. Day 1!
This time I'll actually have a chance to open every treasure chest and get the Zodiac Spear.

Posted by Tin-Automaton
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 8:50 AM
1 February 2017, 08:34 AM Reply to Bank
Yossssh. Day 1!
I was so mad when I found out about that garbage. What a terrible way to hide the strongest weapon.

Posted by AdamC
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 10:11 AM
I never finished this due to ffxi taking all my game time so I'll definitely grab this.
Rumour has it that this was the best news out of that anniversary announcement which is sad.
Will you guys be doing an article on what was covered at that?

On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 10:16 AM
So excited. I never finished it the first time around so I'm glad I can have another crack at it.

On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 10:53 AM
The only one I never played since FF6. I know absolutely nothing about it lol due to living abroad (and was stuck in a World of Warcraft hermit hole for 2-3 years)

Posted by atipuss
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 1:42 PM
I played it for a bit and traded it in.... was looking for more at the time.....probably pass on this one

nzstew
Posted by nzstew
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 1:47 PM
Enjoyed this game way back in the day but boy did I find it a grind!

On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 2:27 PM
Better release on pc (again) if they want my money.

Posted by Paorio
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 5:29 PM
I just got a copy of the original for christmas, loved the game when I was younger but sadly only got through a small portion of the game, can't wait until I reach this in my backlog, I still have my save on my first and only blue memory card which was a really freakin nostalgic surprise (considering I thought it was broken)

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 5:47 PM
I just could not get into this game when it originally released. I love me some Final Fantasy but will stick with the sprite and PSOne releases, I haven't been able to find enjoyment in any of them since Final Fantasy 9 which is my fave. Call me old fashioned but I love the active time battle system and the strategy that went into it.

Posted by supabowl