EA Community Manager Tweets ‘#Skate4’

EA Community Manager Tweets ‘#Skate4’

EA’s community manager could be hinting at a new entry in the long-dormant Skate franchise. Daniel Lingen took to Twitter over the weekend, delivering this simple and out-of-nowhere message:

The post was originally spotted by users at NeoGAF (via GameSpot). While it isn’t a confirmation of anything, fans have been clamouring for a new entry in the skating simulator. The game’s last entry was Skate 3 in 2010.

We'll keep you updated as more news becomes available.

What would you like to see out of a new Skate game? Is it possible to re-invigorate the skating genre after the latest Tony Hawk outings? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by czk51
On Tuesday 31 Jan 2017 1:57 PM
#day1 purchase.

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Tuesday 31 Jan 2017 3:01 PM
RELEASE NBA LIVE MOBILE IN THE US!

Posted by AdamC
On Tuesday 31 Jan 2017 3:16 PM
Were the skate games good? I only ever played Tony Hawk 1-2 but I did love them, as somebody who has no skateboarding interest whatsoever lol

Posted by temungbean
On Tuesday 31 Jan 2017 3:24 PM
Might as well drip feed EA money for this. Day 1 purchase for me.

I was just Googling a possible Skate 4 last night. Came across a game called Project Session, which looks interesting, especially if Skate 4 does not eventuate.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Tuesday 31 Jan 2017 4:58 PM
News article about a tweet someone said, I knew this was pulled from Gamespot's "news" as soon as I seen it. Welcome to the future, where a random tweet from a random person qualifies as news. Good god.

Posted by Coddfish
On Tuesday 31 Jan 2017 5:14 PM
31 January 2017, 04:58 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
A random tweet from a staffer from a major publisher, about a franchise that's been dormant for years despite a cult following and a lot of demand for a new game?

Of course that's news.

Posted by KatalystaKaos
On Tuesday 31 Jan 2017 6:16 PM
31 January 2017, 04:58 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
And look there you are with a completely unnecessary whiny comment that could have been copied and pasted in most part from the site you mention, gotta love the irony.

Would bet a fare sum on this tweet being a precursor to a Skate 4 announcement soon.

Posted by mchumdinghy
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 8:07 AM
This could be the first time a hashtag has ever achieved anything

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 9:03 AM
31 January 2017, 05:14 PM Reply to Coddfish

Of course that's news.
No it's not, an official announcement is news. This is nothing but a tweet from a social media account from an employee, who could just be trolling because he's bored or whatever. But of course you of all people would think that.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 9:05 AM
31 January 2017, 06:16 PM Reply to KatalystaKaos

Lol whatever you say fella, you must be one of the members that gets stupidly excited over absolutely nothing. And speaky of whiny comments, all you did was whinge about mine. *facepalm*

Posted by toner
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 9:09 AM
31 January 2017, 03:16 PM Reply to AdamC
Skate's controls are more accurate in depicting actual skating, by using the right stick to do tricks rather than buttons. It's more of a skating purists game compared to the Tony Hawk franchise.

And yes, they were awesome. Skate 1 was good, but 2 and 3 improved upon it a lot more.

Posted by KatalystaKaos
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 11:47 AM
1 February 2017, 09:05 AM Reply to Nick2016NZ
I pointed out the irony of your comment. Then in the second paragraph went on to say that I was willing to bet on the fact that this was more than just a random tweet. Care to take me up on the wager?

It beggars belief that you'd even return to this story if you think it is below your standard of "news".

Posted by birdman
On Wednesday 1 Feb 2017 4:48 PM
31 January 2017, 03:16 PM Reply to AdamC
They were awesome mate. I ended up platinuming 2 and 3. Skate 2 was the best in my opinion. If this is true I will pre order the sh*t out of it!

Posted by xBOOZEMONEYx
On Friday 10 Feb 2017 3:12 PM
Skateboarding games need to go back to their roots. Make them fun. They don't need to be all realistic. Just make them pretty and fast paced. Maybe add a tournament mode for some online fun.