The Weekend Chat: Franchise Frenzy

Earlier today it was announced that Square Enix would be entering a multi-year, multi-game partnership with Marvel to bring some of their iconic franchises to life through the magic of code. First up is an Avengers game, brought to you by Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics, and Deus Ex developer Eidos Montreal.

Comic book and movie heroes all seem like a natural fit for games. The set-up is often simple, dealing with your typical power fantasies, and tried and true tales of good versus evil – concepts that map well to game design and structure.

But what other franchises (from different mediums) could make the crossover to games?

Maybe Telltale-esque adventure games following Shakespeare’s tragedies? Open world exploration games about cataloguing different species, like an Attenborough documentary? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored by ACG Yoobee School of Design

The Weekend Chat is brought to you by ACG Yoobee School of Design.

For more information, visit www.yoobee.ac.nz

Posted by Ryzlin
On Friday 27 Jan 2017 5:12 PM
I'd like to see some of the 'kids' shows around now days get turned into a realistic video game. Things like Rick and Morty, or Steven Universe. Not just a port of some episodes but something that explores the ideas that are briefly mentioned in the shows. Like the fact that there was a 1000 year war in Steven Universe with aliens and superpowers.

Posted by mOnStErSoFpUnK
On Friday 27 Jan 2017 6:12 PM
I would really like to see/play a Doctor Who game/series....Telltale could do real justice to the franchise and make one hell of a game should they decide to do this...And it would be a hit with older and younger gamers too

Posted by ptys
On Saturday 28 Jan 2017 8:53 PM
Something investigative and episodic with less violence like X-Files, Veronika Mars or Medium.

On Sunday 29 Jan 2017 12:13 AM
I've never been into movies at all, i would rather they make more books into video games.

ammythomas16
Posted by ammythomas16
On Sunday 29 Jan 2017 11:56 AM
27 January 2017, 05:12 PM Reply to Ryzlin
I get paid £82 every hour from online joobs. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my friend AB is earning £9k monthly by doing this job and she showed me how. Try it out on following website..

========>>>> http://www.newsnet20.com

This comment has been down-voted by the community.

Posted by Dodgykiwi
On Sunday 29 Jan 2017 12:14 PM
I think Supernatural could be good because they deal with so many different types of creatures or Grimm.

thc4108
Posted by thc4108
On Sunday 29 Jan 2017 2:09 PM
mr robot ,westworld, breaking bad, warhammer horus heresy come to mind for me

Posted by toner
On Monday 30 Jan 2017 10:48 AM
Off the top of my head, Indiana Jones, Inception, Breaking Bad, Westworld, and Red Dwarf would all be worth it, in different genres though. Indy and Red Dwarf could be action/adventure/RPG, while BB, Inception and Westworld could make awesome Telltale-esque or Walking Simulator games.