[UPDATE] Watch the Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct Here!

[UPDATE] Watch the Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct Here!

Update: Here are the major announcements from the recent Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct.

• Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia. A re-imagining of the Japan-only Fire Emblem Gaiden, a 1992 NES title. Coming to the 3DS, it features gameplay systems from the original, and things like dungeons to explore.
  • A new Fire Emblem game for the Switch. No major details about this one. It will be the first Fire Emblem game on home systems since 2007's Radiant Dawn on Wii. Planned for a 2018 release.
  • Fire Emblem Warriors. The Musou-style game, which was announced for the Switch, will also be coming to the New 3DS family of systems. It's unclear if the game will be available on older versions of the handheld.
  • Fire Emblem Heroes. The first Fire Emblem game for smart devices.
    • Form teams, composed of heroes from previous entries in the series.
    • 8x6 combat grid, designed for vertical orientation on phones.
    • Drag allies over enemies to engage in combat, or choose from a menu.
    • Paper-scissors-rock elemental system.
    • Orbs are the microtransaction currency, but can be gained through regular play. Cashing them in adds a random hero to your roster.
    • Heros have a star rating, which indicates strength. This value can be different across the same hero.
    • Android users can pre-register via Google Play on January 20. The game is set to launch on February 2, but will be coming to iPhone and iPad later. We'll update you if New Zealand dates differ.
    • Players can vote for heroes to be added to the roster here.

Original story follows:

Are you a big Fire Emblem Fan? Then you’re in luck. Nintendo is hosting another Direct livestream, this time focused entirely around upcoming Fire Emblem titles. For your convenience, we’ve embedded the stream below.

The stream will begin at 11AM NZT.

Are you a big Fire Emblem fan? Any announcements you want to see? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by Xaphriel
On Thursday 19 Jan 2017 11:20 AM
That guy was, like, SUPER into Lon'qu...

Posted by czk51
On Thursday 19 Jan 2017 1:30 PM
Glad to see more new stuff announced for the 3DS. Feels odd so quickly after the Switch reveal but oh well, my Lon'qu is ready.

Posted by MonkeyMan
On Thursday 19 Jan 2017 6:12 PM
I am a big fire emblem fan and all of those announcements excite me a lot.

I have been saying for some time now that they should remake old versions in a similar fashion to the pokemon series so I love the idea of echoes. "every line of dialog fully voiced" that sounds epic. Also I love collecting fire emblem amiibos even if they are useless, Alm looks sick
A game on the switch makes sense, that plus splatoon has me real keen on a switch (but money).
Not sure about warriors but it looks amazing in that click.
If heroes is good I might not put my mobile down ever again, but man I hope it isnt a tacky addition to the fire emblem family. Loving the art bringing those old favourites back to life

Man a few years ago the developers thought they were making the last fire emblem, now we got 4 in development at the same time.
Man I'm sooooooo hyped right now

Posted by kniteowl
On Friday 20 Jan 2017 7:12 AM
Good to see Warriors coming to 3DS as well. Means I can wait till closer to when the mainline Fire Emblem is released in 2018 to get a Switch. I'm suspecting it to still go the way of the Wii U in terms of its early life given the c*mulation of Nintendo's strange decisions ever since the reveal... (Subscription based online with only one month rental of a NES or SNES game, Voice chat only using an app on your phone, not including the charging grip for the Joycon... etc)

ammythomas16
Posted by ammythomas16
On Sunday 29 Jan 2017 12:00 PM
19 January 2017, 11:20 AM Reply to Xaphriel
That guy was, like, SUPER into Lon'qu...
I get paid £82 every hour from online joobs. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my friend AB is earning £9k monthly by doing this job and she showed me how. Try it out on following website..

========>>>> http://www.newsnet20.com