Titanfall Card Game Cancelled

Titanfall Card Game Cancelled

If you were hoping to take your robot-destroying shenanigans on the go, some bad news dropped today. Titanfall: Frontline – a mobile card-game based on EA’s sci-fi shooter franchise – has been cancelled.

Developer Particle City made the following announcement on Facebook:

It is our goal to create the best Titanfall mobile games that showcase the fast-paced action, mobility and, of course, the power of Titans in this iconic series. We’ve learned an incredible amount in the beta test of Titanfall: Frontline, but in the end felt the experience wasn't ready to deliver the intense action-packed gameplay synonymous with Titanfall.

Particle City – the studio founded by Respawn’s boss Vince Zampella – did note however that they weren’t completely walking away from the idea of a mobile Titanfall game.

While it’s never easy to cancel a game, we’re excited to take some of the concepts we saw resonate with players and build off of them in future Titanfall mobile games.

The game was originally unveiled back in September. Since then, announcements and news were scarce.

Titnafall: Frontline’s closed beta will shut down over the next few days. Servers will go offline on January 20.

Source: Eurogamer

Posted by 163Battery
On Monday 16 Jan 2017 1:36 PM
Dumb. Was looking forward to this. There was a mech based card game I used to play years ago. Battlemechs I think it was called? Was hoping to play something similar again. Guess not.

Posted by mchumdinghy
On Monday 16 Jan 2017 4:21 PM
Likely due to the lack of people that picked up Titanfall 2. A mismanaged game from EA in my opinion. I wonder if it would have sold a lot better launching some time between now and the end of Feburary rather than right between two much bigger shooters

On Monday 16 Jan 2017 4:21 PM
Hmm i don't know how succesful it would be, with a game like gwent i can see it happening but not with this.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 8:37 AM
Never even heard of it until now, and Titanfall is my favourite online multiplayer game of all time. Probably because I have less than zero interest in mobile "gaming".

Posted by Xenojay
On Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 8:59 AM
But how will I throw down my titan card and yell out "STAND BY FOR TITAN FALL" now?

On Tuesday 17 Jan 2017 10:50 AM
17 January 2017, 08:59 AM Reply to Xenojay
Well you wont be able to do it officially now, but unofficially id just do it. Make your own card , go find some unsuspecting random, throw the card down on the ground or table, yell "STAND BY FOR TITAN FALL". Watch reaction. Priceless.