PlatinumGames, Hideki Kamiya Give Statements on Scalebound’s Cancellation

PlatinumGames, Hideki Kamiya Give Statements on Scalebound’s Cancellation

Developer PlatinumGames has given an official statement surrounding the surprise cancellation of Scalebound earlier this week. President and CEO Kenichi Sato gave his apologies to the fans, but specific reasons as to why the Microsoft-exclusive was canned are still unknown.

“We are very disappointed things ended up this way, especially since we know many of our fans were looking forward to this game as much as we were,” Sato wrote.

“Going forward, we will strive to continue delivering high-quality games to you, starting with NieR:Automata in March, and including products like GRANBLUE FANTASY Project Re:Link and LOST ORDER in the future.”

“We will keep working hard to meet your expectations and we look forward to your continued support,” he finished.

Game director Hideki Kamiya took to Twitter too, with this to say:

We’ll keep you updated as more details surrounding the game’s cancellation become available.

Source: Polygon

Posted by Jaws8u4t
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 8:45 AM
Such a shame it was cancelled, I was really excited for this.

Posted by Coddfish
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 9:58 AM
I feel so sad for Kamiya, I want to just give him a hug and tell him it's alright.

Posted by Xenojay
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 10:45 AM
Still what the f**k happened? This was an MS flagship, and they let him burn down? Hmmm...

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 12:09 PM
12 January 2017, 09:58 AM Reply to Coddfish
How do you know he didn't have something to do with it being cancelled? Everybody is saying it's all Microsoft's fault, but the fact is nobody knows for sure the reasons why it was cancelled except for them and Platinum. I'll reserve my hugs until the truth comes out.

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 12:52 PM
12 January 2017, 10:45 AM Reply to Xenojay
MS Flagship? This was their once a generation "hey look we care about Japanese games!". Those games haven't had a fantastic track record.

Posted by mchumdinghy
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 1:13 PM
Rats, I was hoping the statement would read: "We have cancelled Scalebound because we are just way too busy making another Vanquish". Alas

Posted by Tin-Automaton
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 1:16 PM
12 January 2017, 01:13 PM Reply to mchumdinghy
great, now I need to dig out my copy of Vanquish

On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 2:03 PM
Microsoft and Japanese devs never work well together. Would love to have been a fly on the wall to see all the commotion between the two.

Posted by Coddfish
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 3:24 PM
12 January 2017, 12:09 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
I never said Microsoft was to blame, or that Kamiya wasn't? I was purely just talking about how sad his tweets sound.

thomasammy15
Posted by thomasammy15
On Thursday 12 Jan 2017 4:36 PM
12 January 2017, 08:45 AM Reply to Jaws8u4t
Such a shame it was cancelled, I was really excited for this.
my buddy's mom makes $77 hourly on the computer . She has been laid off for five months but last month her check was $18713 just working on the computer for a few hours. try this web-site

======= http://www.JobNews80.Com

This comment has been down-voted by the community.