Uncharted Movie’s Latest Script Completed

Uncharted Movie’s Latest Script Completed

The latest script has been completed for the Uncharted movie, penned by Joe Carnahan – better known for his directorial efforts on The Grey, starring Liam Neeson. The writer made the announcement on a post to Instagram, calling it “monstrously cool.”

No cast has been officially announced for the project. Shawn Levy looks set to direct, with previous titles including Night At The Museum, Date Night, and Real Steel. Carnahan was originally slated to direct the game-to-film adaptation, but those responsibilities shifted when he left to work on the upcoming Bad Boys movie.

The Uncharted movie has had a trouble history. Talks for a film adaptation started circulating in 2008, with an official announcement made in 2009. Multiple directors, writers, and actors have been attached and removed from the project, but development never began.

Do you think an Uncharted film would have the best chance at dispelling the game-to-film curse? Let us know in the comments below!

Source: Kotaku

Posted by Outlaw213
On Monday 9 Jan 2017 2:50 PM
Will Uncharted finally be the game to have a decent movie? ...naaaah...have heard that before.

Posted by Coddfish
On Monday 9 Jan 2017 3:14 PM
I didn't have a lot of faith in this film anyway, but this post definitely killed any hope I had. "Monstrously cool... this thing is a BEAST"

It's definitely going to be terrible

Posted by Paorio
On Monday 9 Jan 2017 5:57 PM
It's definitely gonna bomb, having one of the last journeys of drake and sully in a movie is just wrong, we've played through drakes story now leave it be.

Posted by trun39
On Monday 9 Jan 2017 6:57 PM
9 January 2017, 03:14 PM Reply to Coddfish

It's definitely going to be terrible
Yeah I thought it was a weird thing to say. Like, now that he said it was a beast, it must be the greatest thing ever written?

I hope they don't make the movie but if they do, then good for them.

Posted by souljah685
On Monday 9 Jan 2017 9:31 PM
I have faith this might break the curse

Posted by Xenojay
On Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 9:15 AM
I do wanna see Marky Mark deliver some classic Drake lines with the "Say Hi to ya' Ma for me" sign-off

Posted by captain X nz
On Tuesday 10 Jan 2017 9:35 AM
After the AC movie, there's a chance it will work.

Depends on the strength of the cast and who they get to squeeze into Chloe's jeans...

Posted by Wertbag
On Friday 13 Jan 2017 4:36 PM
10 January 2017, 09:35 AM Reply to captain X nz
After the AC movie, there's a chance it will work.

I didn't mind the AC movie, but financially it hasn't done great. $125m cost and currently $150m profit. It is in the black but not a big hit.

Uncharted feels like it could end up being another terrible Tomb Raider movie rather than the epic Indiana adventure they all wish they could replicate. I won't write it off yet but would really need some footage/plot to get a better feel of if it will be any good.