The Weekend Chat: Holiday Backlog

Christmas is over, and a new year is on the horizon. Hopefully you've managed to find some time for yourself this holiday season, and worked your way through some of 2016's biggest releases.

We've talked about steps in tackling your backlog before, and hopefully you've put some of those handy tips to use. So this week, we ask you:

What games have you crossed off your backlog?

Big AAA games, like Final Fantasy XV, Watch Dogs 2, or The Last Guardian? Maybe something smaller like Stardew Valley? Or did you manage to play one of those long-dormant couch co-op games in your library?

Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored by ACG Yoobee School of Design

The Weekend Chat is brought to you by ACG Yoobee School of Design.

For more information, visit www.yoobee.ac.nz

Posted by Xaphriel
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 4:20 PM
Managed to get my Platinums in both Skyrim SE and FarCry Primal, and polished off Titanfall 2's campaign.

Hoping to get through The Wolf Among Us and Deus Ex Mankind Divided before I get back to the grind.

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 4:59 PM
Finished RE5 after starting it back in February, beat REmake HD, then beat Painkiller and Turok for some old school FPS.

Posted by 163Battery
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 5:33 PM
Finally played Bioshock Infinite now that it is backwards compatible. It was good. Didn't really like the ending. Just confusing. Made me think of the end of Inception how it is open to interpretation. I prefer the I came, I saw and I won type of endings.

Started playing a couple of GWG, Beyond Good and Evil & Outland. Got bored pretty quick so deleted both of them. Always a good way to clear out the backlog, just delete them.

Started Sunset Overdrive today. It's fun but not something I could see myself wanting to sink a lot of time into. I think I prefer a more serious game of this type.

And of course, more BF1 which I will play forever.

Posted by atipuss
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 6:46 PM
Plowing thru stardew valley...just on year 2 spring... and shooting people on bf1 or titanfalling :)

Posted by ptys
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 7:04 PM
Is backlog just an indication that I like the idea of collecting games more than actually playing them.

Posted by 163Battery
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 8:00 PM
30 December 2016, 07:04 PM Reply to ptys
I actually wonder if I used to be like that. A while back I had plenty of spare cash for games but not a lot of time for them. Didn't stop me buying though. At one point I had around fifty games I had bought but hadn't played yet.

Now things are different. I don't have spare cash for games anymore but I have more time for them. I have cut out a huge chunk of my backlog now. An article on this site a while back talked about backlog and how to deal with it. I am quite ruthless with it these days but means I am playing games I actually want to play.

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 8:35 PM
I can honestly say zero but I did start some new ones BF1 and Rock Band 4. Also added to the collection was Final Fantasy latest version not sure I'll play that. If I remember correctly I deleted one or two games I don't think i'll play so I suppose they're cleared.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 9:08 PM
Bayonetta and Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition. Onto the Darksiders games now.

Posted by birdman
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 9:19 PM
Haven't even turned my PS4 on for over 2 weeks now...

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 10:02 PM
I'm yet to play any games since having time off from work.

I've had some fun times away with my wife in the Coromandel on brief 2 day holiday. We spent today in the Karangahake gorge near Pairoa/waihi hiking and swimming and we're off to Raglan tomorrow for day.

I've got a mixture of games I still need to finish on PS4, XBone and WiiU but while the weather is this good they can all wait.

On Friday 30 Dec 2016 10:47 PM
I use Steam, i will always have a backlog, but i finished Pillars of Eternity, Only took 70 hours.

Posted by emetic
On Friday 30 Dec 2016 11:09 PM
Ha, the list is only growing longer.

Posted by Booker_T_SUCKAAA
On Saturday 31 Dec 2016 9:07 AM
I've got Lego Star Wars Force Awakens sitting there ready for a rainy holiday day. Can't complain though, the weather has been awesome!

Posted by Mafivee
On Saturday 31 Dec 2016 10:53 AM
Over the course of a month or so I managed to concentrate on and clear my backlog. Now I'm down to my usual everyday faves... until the backlog inevitably builds up again, but I will be trying to keep things at a minimum and not let it get too out of control.

Posted by iludez
On Saturday 31 Dec 2016 12:04 PM
I just started red dead redemption and am having a blast! Though i am only a few hours in and will never finish it. On steam i have about 250+ games on the backlog

Posted by Overdrive5000
On Saturday 31 Dec 2016 1:05 PM
Finally making some more progress in Deus ex mankind divided after remaining neglected since release

Posted by captain X nz
On Saturday 31 Dec 2016 1:46 PM
Usually find that by time I've decided what to play I've pretty much fallen asleep on the couch.

I will play them all, when I'm good and ready.

Posted by ChimeraNZ
On Saturday 31 Dec 2016 6:39 PM
Finally got around to playing 'Inside' and 'To the Moon'. Also finished 'Rise of the Tomb Raider'! All in all some great games!

On Sunday 1 Jan 2017 2:45 AM
31 December 2016, 06:39 PM Reply to ChimeraNZ
To the Moon is amazing.

Posted by thc4108
On Sunday 1 Jan 2017 11:22 PM
finished sleeping dogs main story doing dlc now

Posted by 163Battery
On Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 10:41 AM
1 January 2017, 11:22 PM Reply to thc4108
finished sleeping dogs main story doing dlc now
The Sleeping Dogs main game is great. I found the dlc to be a bit average. The missions for the super car and the missions set after the main story are good but the rest of it was below par compared to the main game.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 10:53 AM
4 January 2017, 10:41 AM Reply to 163Battery
Definitely agree with that, main game is great, DLC is a bit sh*t.

Posted by ericaf95
On Wednesday 4 Jan 2017 1:54 PM
Finally finished Inside and made some significant progress in The Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider