What Did You Get Under the Christmas Tree?

Happy holidays from NZGamer.com! Earlier this month, we asked what you’d like to see under the Christmas tree. Well the day has finally arrived, so we’re following up: what gifts did you receive this year?

Any big presents from friends or family to help you through the holiday doldrums? Maybe you gave someone an awesome gift, and you’d like to humblebrag about it? Don’t worry, we won’t judge you. Or are you holding out for the Boxing Day bargains?

Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 10:14 AM
The box from my Xbox One S I opened early, Rock Band 4 with Guitar and a Greenstone and some other stuff I can't remember cause I haven't actually opened any of it yet lol. Merry Christmas to one and all and especially the NZGamer crew for making the best gaming site in New Zealand.

Posted by FreddlePopGameS
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 10:38 AM
Well I'm in the heritage hotel on queen street in Auckland with my wife's family and it's all been a bit of a mess so far.
Just your typical arguments, food not turning out and rush to meet deadlines before we leave.
No gaming stuff for me this yeah present wise but I've got myself covered in the boxing and new year sales. Merry Christmas to all the writers at NZG and especially to all the awesome regulars who make this site rock!

Posted by 163Battery
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 10:46 AM
25 December 2016, 10:38 AM Reply to FreddlePopGameS
Yeah, looks like there is a few arguments brewing in my wife's family too. I have told my wife if things go south I'm putting the kids in the car and going home. If she wants to stay and argue I will leave her there. Not having Christmas ruined for my kids.

Posted by 163Battery
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 10:47 AM
Nothing game wise this Christmas. My wife works in an alcohol shop so lots of alcohol and alcohol related paraphernalia. Which is awesome!

Posted by Mafivee
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 11:27 AM
Skyrim Special Edition and chocolates.

Posted by Dvst8u
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 11:36 AM
Chocolates for me this year yussss

Posted by Ron
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 12:49 PM
Titanfall 2 today and maybe a PS Pro tomorrow!

Posted by Paorio
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 12:57 PM
I got the game of thrones monopoly! So slick!

Posted by CoffeeAddict
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 1:08 PM
Robinson the journey which is pretty good though i need a lie down after playing it!

Posted by iludez
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 2:36 PM
Got some really nice clothes and a wicked $25 gift card from pigeonqueen!

Posted by iambendonious
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 2:51 PM
Merry Christmas nzgamers. This has been another great year for me and ati. Best wishes for the new year.

Posted by Overdrive5000
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 3:03 PM
Gaming wise I got some Xbox store vouchers and a mightyape voucher so Im happy

Posted by Outlaw213
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 3:17 PM
I gifted myself Dying Light...

Posted by predatorhunter
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 3:49 PM
Gears of war huge crate from game.co.uk contains a t shirt laptop stickers a beanie a shotglass that is like a shotgun shell and a 6" gnasher shotgun model.

Posted by ChimeraNZ
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 4:46 PM
Gears of War 4! Can't wait to coop this

Posted by TenguNZ
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 5:07 PM
Going to treat myself to Firewatch since its on sale :)

Posted by trun39
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 5:17 PM
Played coop lara croft and the temple of osiris with my sister, got it two christmases ago and can finally play it now haha. We got a ton of chocolate as well and we're trying to avoid the family christmas arguments.

Merry xmas all, hope your day has gone alright.

Posted by Bank
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 5:28 PM
^ sad to hear that you early posters </3

Received: DXRacer game chair (I actually put in 30% towards this, because ain't nobody got cash to blow like that).

Gave: Xbox One S + Halo 5 Guardian Edition + Battlefield 1 to girlfriend's family.
So I pretty much replaced the Xbox One Forza Edition that NZGamer awarded me and sadly neglected all these months. This size is just so damn convenient and goes with the cabinets.

I'll be back on the Xbox gaming front soon guys, sorry! Borrowing the gift I gave for Yoobee nights heh heh, only 2 minutes driving distance back and forth.

Posted by Booker_T_SUCKAAA
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 5:36 PM
A PS Plus 1-year subscription. Free games for the year, sweet as Santa!

Posted by Killjoy
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 6:23 PM
Nothing because I'm an adult...

Posted by thc4108
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 6:41 PM
Gears of War 4 ,Watch dogs 2, chocolates,.books and t shirts.Merry Xmas everyone.

Posted by birdman
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 9:55 PM
25 December 2016, 06:23 PM Reply to Killjoy
Nothing because I'm an adult...
Pretty much this too. Definitely nothing gaming related, I did score some amazing chilli licorice though. Been working through a decent selection of craft beers today too, Biere de Garage from Garage Project a real highlight!

Posted by Wertbag
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 11:13 PM
Fallout 4 was the only game related pressie. That alone should keep me going for months. With a new baby and a 2yr old in the house my game time has dropped to a couple of hours a week.

Posted by Coddfish
On Sunday 25 Dec 2016 11:15 PM
Jake and Lumpy Space Princess for LEGO Dimensions :D

Also, it wasn't a present, but I did finally get my PSVR a few days ago so it kinda feels like a Christmas present :D

Posted by Ryzlin
On Monday 26 Dec 2016 9:38 AM
Got a black widow chroma keyboard. Now I just need to save up to build the computer for it.

Posted by supabowl
On Monday 26 Dec 2016 9:26 PM
The last Guardian! Cant wait to play!

Posted by esthergraves444
On Tuesday 27 Dec 2016 2:19 AM
25 December 2016, 10:14 AM Reply to jtbthatsme
Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing an extra income... You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection... Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up... You can have your first check by the end of this week<br>

=========http://www.JobNews80.Com

This comment has been down-voted by the community.

Posted by Booker_T_SUCKAAA
On Tuesday 27 Dec 2016 7:30 AM
27 December 2016, 02:19 AM Reply to esthergraves444

=========http://www.JobNews80.Com
Spam attack. Mods, please remove!

Posted by oh2bme
On Tuesday 27 Dec 2016 7:37 AM
Wife got me a new controller for my ps4 cause she's sick of hearing me complain about it! Got my son the Nintendo 2ds with Mario kart 7 pre installed and Pokemon moon he hasn't got off it since xmas morning kinda sick of hearing "dad I just caught a.....insert random Pokemon name here" every two minutes, worst thing is he only lets me play it if you have to walk from one side of an island to the other! I think he is getting revenge on me for making him drive to my objectives in watch dogs 2.

Merry Christmas all.

Posted by Ryzlin
On Tuesday 27 Dec 2016 7:39 AM
27 December 2016, 07:37 AM Reply to oh2bme

Merry Christmas all.
Smart kid XD

Posted by Dodgykiwi
On Tuesday 27 Dec 2016 5:39 PM
Nothing game related apart from Final Fantasy XV which I bought the week before. Was just expecting a box of favorites but my nephew bought me a bottle of Canadian Club.

Posted by lax1
On Wednesday 28 Dec 2016 7:31 AM
Picked up Titanfall, Far Cry 4, Until Dawn and Deus Ex MD on boxing day sales. Nothing gaming wise for Christmas, but got a great book called Alien Vault that details the full production of the 1979 film. Also one toddler free afternoon due to the family babysitting for us. Merry Christmas all!

Posted by SteveMacNZ
On Wednesday 28 Dec 2016 8:29 AM
another 3TB USB 3 drive for my xbox one

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Wednesday 28 Dec 2016 12:51 PM
Late to the party here. With all the big sales in gaming on I couldn't resist adding to my already huge backlog, so I got for myself: Ori and The Blind Forest, Darksiders 1 and 2 Remastered, Watch Dogs 2 and Dead Rising 4.

Also bought a couple of small cabinets for game storage and for my all cables and cords for headsets, controllers etc, it was getting a bit out of hand having games and wires all over the place.

Non gaming related, probably way too much beer and food as is the xmas tradition. Anyway, hope everyone had an amazing xmas and all the best for the new year!

Posted by arkwright
On Monday 2 Jan 2017 10:18 AM
A new phone cos my fat fingers and dodgy eyesight isn't coping with my old clunker. Some Steam sale goodies (hopefully) on the gaming side. Good gaming to all in 2017.