For Honor Requires Constant Internet Connection

For Honor Requires Constant Internet Connection

For Honor – Ubisoft’s upcoming hack-and-slash action game – will require a constant internet connection to play, the developer announced today.

"We can confirm that For Honor is an always online experience,” said a community representative in a forum post (via NeoGAF). “Some elements of progression, which is hosted online, are shared across story and multiplayer modes. Players will need to be connected to the internet at all times to play For Honor."

Ubisoft confirmed to GameSpot that the news is correct.

For Honor was originally unveiled at E3 2015. The game is set to release on February 14, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

What do you think of this development? Is always online not a big deal for you? Or do you live in an area with unreliable internet? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by Paorio
On Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 1:50 PM
At this point that's fine for me, but a lot of people will probably still have trouble being able to play the game

Posted by Outlaw213
On Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 2:00 PM
No big deal I guess. Not sure if this game is worth full price though, it does look interesting.

Posted by Ryzlin
On Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 2:14 PM
Ubisoft is really pushing the always online feature, aren't they? I get why Steep was always online, but I'm honestly not sure why For Honor is. Why host progression online? Even if they are shared. It doesn't really effect me, I have PS+ and internet, but it does baffle me.

As far as if this game is worth full price, I think it could be. I've played through the tutorial of the knight story line and I loved it. A little different when it comes to play style because of the focus on blocking and your enemy, but you get into the swing of things. (pun intended). Unfortunately, due to money (cause I just quit my job) and not being in the country on the 14th, it's not high on my must get games next year. I've got to rustle up enough money for the Mass Effect Andromeda collector's edition.

Posted by ptys
On Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 4:40 PM
That's the opposite of honorable Ubisoft.

Posted by Bunnny
On Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 4:41 PM
When's the beta...?

Posted by Rapidity
On Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 6:03 PM
Guess, Ubisoft won't be getting my money then, to be honest my backlog is big enough that don't actually mind skipping this.

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 7:53 PM
I'm guessing Ubisoft eventually wants every game to have an always-online experience.

Posted by OriginalSin
On Thursday 15 Dec 2016 8:40 AM
Based on the trailers and footage we've seen, it's no great surprise. I don't think anyone expected it to be offline, even for the campaign.

Posted by ChimeraNZ
On Thursday 15 Dec 2016 9:48 AM
In this day and age does it really matter if its always online? To most I wouldn't think so.

Posted by AdamC
On Thursday 15 Dec 2016 10:20 AM
15 December 2016, 09:48 AM Reply to ChimeraNZ
It does to me considering I already hear of PS3 and 360 games getting servers shut down. So to risk losing single player games to servers shutting down is a no to me. I like being able to replay old games.

Posted by ChimeraNZ
On Thursday 15 Dec 2016 1:02 PM
15 December 2016, 10:20 AM Reply to AdamC
Valid point.

Posted by gooseman77
On Friday 16 Dec 2016 9:50 PM
Always online?? 'tis madness I tell you... MADNESS!!