NZGamer.com VIP December 2016 Update

If you come to NZGamer.com to win cool prizes, then this latest news is sure to interest you. Just in time for the summer season, we’ve topped up our prize pool, so it’s ready for you to dive headlong into!

Prizes include digital copies of games, as well as things like PlayStation Store credit and PlayStation Plus subscription codes. Aren’t a member yet? Sign up over here! Remember that VIP members get real benefits, including extra entries into our competitions!

A new VIP Bounty will also be arriving soon – so make sure to keep it locked right here for the announcement!

We’re also aiming to make NZGamer.com VIP bigger and better in 2017. What would you like to see in the new year? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by Bank
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 11:31 AM
PlayStation Plus credit?!
'Would you like to know more?'

Posted by CoffeeAddict
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 11:32 AM
So maybe once a year a golden member gets to go to a gaming press event with NZGAMER. E3, Playstation and Xbox events.

On Monday 5 Dec 2016 12:15 PM
VIP Platinum level? People upgrading to gold super fast lately with all the freebie points being thrown around that their must be more levels above Gold being announced

Posted by ReaperCrew
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 12:18 PM
Bigger and better, really? I'm interested in how.

The Yoobee community gaming nights are already awesome, with plenty of fun to be had in, plus the prizes up for grabs are most excellent, I only wish I had less commitments so I could attend more of them. The competitions are awesome as well and I have heard many good things about a number of the other events that have been put on.

On Monday 5 Dec 2016 12:19 PM
5 December 2016, 12:15 PM Reply to SpawnSeekSlay
It cut off the rest of my message for some reason
Anyway..
Platinum rank?
Or Emerald, Sapphire, Diamond ranks above Gold?

Posted by sakuraba
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 12:25 PM
Sounds cool, and my coaching will be over in two week so I can game more!

Posted by MonkeyMan
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 12:58 PM
I don't come here just for the competitions but they sure do help in keeping me coming back. It would be nice to win one at some point though

Mafivee
Posted by Mafivee
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 1:06 PM
Awesome stuff NZGamer <3

Posted by NZBuc
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 1:08 PM
The competition stuff was really attractive to me when first visiting nzg. Now it is a nice added bonus, but not that important to me (in comparison to the community here).

Serious question - still Xbox stuff too or just PS now?

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 1:44 PM
5 December 2016, 01:08 PM Reply to NZBuc

Serious question - still Xbox stuff too or just PS now?
it would suck if they removed the Xbox prizes for VIP's, don't want to feel left out.

Posted by ninja
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 2:05 PM
A new level would be the obvious choice and a range of prizes are good, Xbox, psn and steam/pc

Posted by 163Battery
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 2:33 PM
The gaming nights are awesome. I see they switch between PlayStation and Xbox fortnightly. Any reason why there can't be weekly ones on both platforms? Surely there are enough active gamers/forum members on here to make it happen?

Posted by 163Battery
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 2:34 PM
5 December 2016, 01:08 PM Reply to NZBuc

Serious question - still Xbox stuff too or just PS now?
Yeah, saw that. Hope there is still Xbox stuff, console of choice for me since the first one came out. Can't do without Halo or GOW.

Posted by Xaphriel
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 2:59 PM
Dear NZGamer, there are too many VIPs these days. Please eliminate three. I am NOT a crackpot.

But nah, it's good stuff :D

Posted by Outlaw213
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 3:49 PM
New ranks is a must I reckon - NZGamer have been giving away points and alot of members are now are gold so it would be nice to have more ranks added, even though that means I won't be reaching max rank any time soon.

Posted by predatorhunter
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 4:02 PM
Ps better just be an example unless you are planning to give us all a ps4.

But seriously there used to be vip only comps what happened with those.?

Maybe make member only comps aswell
So randoms don't win the prizes.

Still an awesome community.

Posted by BlakeyNZ
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 6:06 PM
I agree with Mainman. Competitions should (if possible) be tiered. Maybe a prize for bronze/silver/gold tiers this would hopefully reduce the random names who pop up as winners who will prob never post in the forums)
Also some NZGamer meet ups would be sweet similar to what you guys offered for the PS4 launch (i won an invite but a work colleague was selfish enough to get hit by a car)
Hopefully the exclusion of Xbox branding means nothing

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 7:53 PM
Well I don't see the harm in a new level or two but these would need to obviously be something that is obtained by being a regular active member as in maybe 15000 points & 25000 points. I think the extra competition entries are great bit maybe if said new tiers were introduced any winners who are in the top tier get a little something extra like a credit or months subscription to their nominated platform preference.

I think there should be no vip only competitions nearly all of us came to this site via a competition or friend recommendation & were not invested right then & there.

Keeping the community as great as it is would honestly be the best thing I could ask for for 2017. Knowing that I can take a break away from the gaming nights for a month or so and come back and be welcomed like part of the family and had never gone anywhere is just a awesome feeling. Prizes are just a bonus.

Posted by rcvillamor3
On Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 7:08 AM
A year-end point gift to every member that participated, commented to any post, blog, or game review. More engagement done in the website will be more growth for our website. And or course, free games!

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 4:20 PM
Rainbow Six: Seige is a pretty big get!

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 10:17 PM
Looks like when I reach Gold VIP my mate will fianlly be gettign Siege. Awesome for people who don't own it (Shame on you, YOU SHOULD OWN IT ANYWAY)

Posted by ptys
On Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 1:42 AM
I'm enjoying the free access to PS Plus, home I can get one again!

Posted by stupidlikeafox
On Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 12:52 PM
Some higher ranks would be nice, I've almost doubled the 4 star gold amount... #BlogSpam

Posted by stupidlikeafox
On Wednesday 7 Dec 2016 12:53 PM
Also, does that ranking list still exist? That was kinda fun.

Posted by kiwibadboy
On Friday 9 Dec 2016 2:05 PM
More competitions? :P You guys already do a great job of keeping us coming back, so I can't really think of anything else other than that lol

Posted by kiwibadboy
On Tuesday 13 Dec 2016 10:31 AM
Just wondering, now that I've hit silver (thanks to the VIP Bounty :D) when do I get the 90 day PS+ subscription?
And thanks for all you do NZG, you guys are awesome!