Here Are All the Major Announcements From the PlayStation Experience

Here Are All the Major Announcements From the PlayStation Experience

The PlayStation Experience was held over the weekend, and boy were there a lot of announcements. Strap yourself in for several new releases, and follow-ups to major first party titles.

• The Last of Us Part 2 is confirmed. Ellie and Joel are back. You can watch the reveal trailer below.

• Uncharted 4 is getting a new chapter in the form of The Lost Legacy. Stepping away from the familiar Nathan Drake, this one follows Chloe Frazier and Nadine Ross.

• That Marvel vs. Capcom report last week was accurate. The game is called Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

• Let It Die – the action, roguelike, online survival game from Suda 51 has released for free right now on PlayStation 4.

• Crash Bandicoot is getting the remastered treatment next year, in the form of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.

• Destiny is getting Sparrow racing in its December update, among other things.
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn received a new trailer, which can be seen below.

• Knack is getting a sequel.

• Windjammers – a competitive Neo-Geo game – is coming to PS4 and Vita.
  • The Resident Evil 7 demo has been updated for the final time.
  • Wipeout returns with a remastered collection for PS4.
  • To no one’s surprise, Akuma is making his way to Street Fighter V on December 20.
  • Lara Croft Go – originally a mobile game – is coming to PS4.
  • PaRappa the Rapper, Loco Roco, and Patapon are being remastered for PS4. You can currently try out a demo for PaRappa via PSN.

• Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami are coming to the West on PS4.

• Dangaonronpa V3: Killing Harmony is also on its way to PS4.

• Ni No Kuni 2 received a new trailer, which you can see below.

• Absolver – a multiplayer action game from Sloclap and Devoler Digital – also got a showing.

• Starblood Arena for PlayStation VR was announced.

• Ace Combat returns with Ace Combat 7, bringing arcadey action into a new console era. It also has PSVR support.

• Baseball fans rejoice – MLB The Show 17 will feature Ken Griffey Jr. on the cover. It’ll also have an arcade-style mode, if you need a nostalgia fix.
  • Ys Origins – which released in 2006, but only saw localisation in 2012 – is making its way to PS4 and Vita in February.
  • Nex Machina is coming to PS4, from the creators of Resogun, and also Eugene Jarvis – better known for arcade hits like Robotron and Smash TV.

• Class-based action game Dreadnought is coming exclusively to PS4. A closed beta is slated for 2017.
  • Gravity Rush 2 will let you play as Raven in DLC.
  • NieR: Automata is coming on March 7l 2017 for PS4.

Note that some of these dates might be subject to change in New Zealand. If they do, we’ll update this article.

Source: Polygon

Posted by Bank
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 9:12 AM
The Last of Us Part II really bought it home. Missed the whole weekend and when I finally caught up to that, it was mind-blowing.

Posted by Dodgykiwi
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 9:35 AM
More Yakuza games is always good.

Posted by Xaphriel
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 9:47 AM
Why they didn't call it 'The Second Last of Us' I will never know...

Posted by ChieftaiNZ
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 10:05 AM
5 December 2016, 09:47 AM Reply to Xaphriel
Why they didn't call it 'The Second Last of Us' I will never know...
The 2 Of Us.
The Last of Us 2 : Electric Boogaloo
The last of us 2: Revengeance

Posted by czk51
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 11:06 AM
2 last 2 furious

Posted by LukeB
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 11:55 AM
There were a few things that were neat to see during the show - looking forward to more info on Let it Die and Starblood Arena; Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, Absolver, and Ni No Kuni 2 were also cool to see, but once again Naughty Dog show the primary reason for my needing to own a PS4.... Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and The Last of Use: Part II look AMAZING.

Gotta be real though and admit I was a little disappointed to see U:TLL was actually an Uncharted/Naughty Dog game - for a hot minute there I thought Sony was going to have a new, epic, modernish-day, undercover, female spy IP on their hands.... instead we get more Uncharted.... hard to be down on it as I can't wait to play through Chloe's story, but still, as I said, a little disappointed it wasn't a new IP.

Oh, and I wish Death Stranding would get out of it's own way - I don't think there's any way it's releasing before 2019, and when it eventually comes out, I don't want to be bored of/ annoyed with it due to a multi-year marketing campaign.

Also sad to see that there was no update on Days Gone, the new God of War, or the Final Fantasy 7 Remake... fingers crossed at least some of them are 2017 games, because I'm not sure how many other AAA titles that were shown were.

Posted by sakuraba
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 12:27 PM
Last of us 2 and parrapa ohhhh yeaaah

Posted by Paorio
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 2:20 PM
The Last of Us Part 2 is gonna be amazing, Uncharted the Lost Legacy will draw me in even though I despise Nadine, Chloe is a positive to draw from it though and the updated gameplay is awesome

Posted by Outlaw213
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 3:34 PM
Knack 2! Yess!

Not going to get too excited about The Last of Us just yet, it's at least 2 years away.

Uncharted Lost Legacy looks good, hope to see Cutter make an appearance.

Will be getting Crash remaster.

Nex Machina looks good too, always like Housemarque games.

Posted by kiwiatlarge
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 4:01 PM
5 December 2016, 11:06 AM Reply to czk51
2 last 2 furious
Followed by 5 more sequels, Last 7 being the sad chapter where Troy Baker dies before the game is finished, and Nolan North has to stand in and give his best Joel voice to finish the game off..

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 6:31 PM
WINDJAMMERS IS BETTER THAN YOUR FAVORITE VIDEO GAME

Posted by trun39
On Monday 5 Dec 2016 8:37 PM
5 December 2016, 11:55 AM Reply to LukeB

They did try to trick us by letting us know it was Chloe only at the end. I saw the news before I watched the conference (which was really cool) but I would have thought the same as you since it didn't quite look like uncharted at first ::)

Posted by MadCant
On Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 12:27 PM
That's quite the list - heaps of cool stuff coming to entertain our future selves!

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Tuesday 6 Dec 2016 4:16 PM
We were only missing Jak and Daxter. Otherwise we would have had every major Naughty Dog Series!