The PlayStation Experience was held over the weekend, and boy were there a lot of announcements. Strap yourself in for several new releases, and follow-ups to major first party titles.
- The Last of Us Part 2 is confirmed. Ellie and Joel are back. You can watch the reveal trailer below.
- Uncharted 4 is getting a new chapter in the form of The Lost Legacy. Stepping away from the familiar Nathan Drake, this one follows Chloe Frazier and Nadine Ross.
- That Marvel vs. Capcom report last week was accurate. The game is called Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.
- Let It Die – the action, roguelike, online survival game from Suda 51 has released for free right now on PlayStation 4.
- Crash Bandicoot is getting the remastered treatment next year, in the form of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy.
- Destiny is getting Sparrow racing in its December update, among other things.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn received a new trailer, which can be seen below.
- Knack is getting a sequel.
- Windjammers – a competitive Neo-Geo game – is coming to PS4 and Vita.
- The Resident Evil 7 demo has been updated for the final time.
- Wipeout returns with a remastered collection for PS4.
- To no one’s surprise, Akuma is making his way to Street Fighter V on December 20.
- Lara Croft Go – originally a mobile game – is coming to PS4.
- PaRappa the Rapper, Loco Roco, and Patapon are being remastered for PS4. You can currently try out a demo for PaRappa via PSN.
- Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami are coming to the West on PS4.
- Dangaonronpa V3: Killing Harmony is also on its way to PS4.
- Ni No Kuni 2 received a new trailer, which you can see below.
- Absolver – a multiplayer action game from Sloclap and Devoler Digital – also got a showing.
- Starblood Arena for PlayStation VR was announced.
- Ace Combat returns with Ace Combat 7, bringing arcadey action into a new console era. It also has PSVR support.
- Baseball fans rejoice – MLB The Show 17 will feature Ken Griffey Jr. on the cover. It’ll also have an arcade-style mode, if you need a nostalgia fix.
- Ys Origins – which released in 2006, but only saw localisation in 2012 – is making its way to PS4 and Vita in February.
- Nex Machina is coming to PS4, from the creators of Resogun, and also Eugene Jarvis – better known for arcade hits like Robotron and Smash TV.
- Class-based action game Dreadnought is coming exclusively to PS4. A closed beta is slated for 2017.
- Gravity Rush 2 will let you play as Raven in DLC.
- NieR: Automata is coming on March 7l 2017 for PS4.
Note that some of these dates might be subject to change in New Zealand. If they do, we’ll update this article.