BioWare’s New Project Is Story-Based, but Don’t Expect to Hear About It Anytime Soon

If you’re eagerly awaiting more news for BioWare’s upcoming sci-fi epic Mass Effect Andromeda, don’t forget that they’re also working on another project. In an interview with Game Informer, studio manager Aaryn Flynn shed some light on the unannounced IP.

"We're not going to talk about it until we're confident about what it's going to be and everything," he said. "We've been doing reviews with [EA CEO Andrew Wilson], and I think he likes it. So, knock on wood, we'll keep working on it and we'll keep doing it. Hopefully you'll hear more about that once Andromeda's done and we've satisfied fans with that game."

The game is currently being made by the Knights of the Old Republic team, and has been in a playable form since 2013. Wilson was surprised at how far ahead the game was in development.

"It's a privilege to get to work on new IP. It's one of those once every ten years kind of a thing that you get to do," Flynn added.

“You have to ask yourself, 'Do you want to do something that fiercely different or do you want to do something that's very recognizable?' 'Do you want to take something that you've done and put a spin on it, or do you want to wipe the slate clean and say what would we do in this.' And for us, what we said was we're BioWare, so we have a certain kind of game that we love making and we know our fans would love, so we started with that and that's a game that has as its heart stories and storytelling. So we decided we're going to stick with that. We're not just going to walk away from that."

"Once we agreed on that, everything started to fall into place."

Flynn added that the new IP is to “push technology,” so as to make believable, relatable characters.

Mass Effect Andromeda is set to release in March 2017.

Source: GameSpot

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 2:44 PM
Expected. Pretty much their bread and butter, story based games. And I imagine until Mass Effect is done we won't hear a peep about this game.

Posted by AdamC
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 2:47 PM
I can't wait to see what it is

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 3:14 PM
Won't touch another Bioware game until they get rid of their racist gameplay designer Manveer Heir. Absolutely disgusting what they let that guy get away with on Twitter etc.

Posted by AdamC
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 3:18 PM
29 November 2016, 03:14 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
Oh? Such as? Don't make me google damn it lol

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 3:40 PM
29 November 2016, 03:18 PM Reply to AdamC
Oh? Such as? Don't make me google damn it lol
Lol sorry man, you will have to google it for yourself, I don't want to go into details here

On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 3:50 PM
Hoefully Ea doesn't get their grubby hands on it and ruin it.

On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 3:52 PM
29 November 2016, 03:14 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
I don't care if people are a***oles if they make good games.

Posted by AdamC
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 4:11 PM
29 November 2016, 03:40 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
No worries I'll look into it tonight thanks

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 6:05 PM
29 November 2016, 03:50 PM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Hoefully Ea doesn't get their grubby hands on it and ruin it.
What's your beef? EA steal your playlunch or something? They publish some amazing games. You said below you don't care if people are arseholes if they make good games, what's different with publishing them.

Posted by AdamC
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 7:33 PM
29 November 2016, 06:05 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
EA is the one who wont let a game out unless it has multiplayer that they can put microtransactions in right? Didnt they do that with ME3? And now I cant go back and get the best ending without getting XBox Live gold?

On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 8:14 PM
29 November 2016, 06:05 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
No i like ea, they make games for high end pcs and then crunch them down, instead of ubisoft who do the opposite, but it's been proven they "ruin" things before. like the ME3 ending, im not too worried tho

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 9:20 PM
29 November 2016, 08:14 PM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
Didn't Bioware change the ending of ME3 because of fans having a cry over the way it originally ended? I dunno, I haven't played it. Anywho, I don't know what evil EA gets up to be honest, I just see their name attached to quite a few games I enjoy like Battlefield and Titanfall. Not at all interested in their business practices to be fair.

On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 11:36 PM
29 November 2016, 09:20 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
If i remember correctly they added the "real ending" as dlc. lol

Posted by ptys
On Wednesday 30 Nov 2016 12:33 AM
Mass Effect next year is enough for me. I'm good for another 2-3 years.

Posted by ironfist92
On Thursday 1 Dec 2016 12:40 AM
29 November 2016, 03:14 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
If you were to boycott every game based on the different views of even one person in any game company, you'd end never playing another game ever again.

And what does that say about you not supporting the rest of the team who made the game and aren't racists? Are they to lose money used to feed their families because of a single person?

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Thursday 1 Dec 2016 6:52 AM
1 December 2016, 12:40 AM Reply to ironfist92

That says that I'm not supporting a company who has no problem with one of their employees being openly and publicly racist on social media, thereby basically supporting his views. No other company in gaming as far as I'm aware would stand for it, this guy would be gone in a second. If you want to support a game made by a racists, that's your prerogative.