Report: Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Slated for 2017

Report: Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Slated for 2017

It’s OK – you can stop asking yourself “When’s Marvel.” The colourful team-based fighter which sees videogame and comic book characters duke it out will be getting a new entry on consoles next year, reports Polygon. Sources close to the project have told the publication that the game is currently under development, and set to release in 2017.

The game will be showcased at this week’s PlayStation Experience, say sources. Capcom already looks to have a significant presence there this year, with the Street Fighter V Capcom Cup being in contention.

It won’t just include nods to comics however. Expect to see characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe make appearances. This means characters from films like The Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Indeed, characters like Groot and Ant-Man may make appearances, while mainstays like Wolverine and Magneto will be left behind.

The last game in the series – Marvel vs. Capcom 3 – launched in 2011 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. An Ultimate version released a year later, which introduced new characters and new mechanics.

Any characters from the Cinematic Universe you think would be a perfect fit for the kinetic fighter? Let us know in the comments below!

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 1:45 PM
IT"S MAHVEL BAYBEE

Posted by CloudAxel16
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 1:58 PM
Black Panther would definitely be a great fit. Wouldn't be happy though if they took out characters like Wolverine and Magneto.

Posted by atipuss
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 2:27 PM
No magneto?? But he's so cool!
Been a while since I played. ..back in arcade days....

oconnomiyaki
Posted by oconnomiyaki
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 3:10 PM
Possibly a controversial opinion, but I'd like to see them ditch the Capcom cast and just return to the roots of X-Men: Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes. It worked okay with X-Men vs Street Fighter, but it starts getting a little silly when you have Phoenix Wright in there, if you ask me.

Ubercuber
Posted by Ubercuber
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 3:33 PM
29 November 2016, 03:10 PM Reply to oconnomiyaki
Yeah I agree. Id love it to go back to being just Marvel. I never pick the Capcom guys anyway

Posted by darklordfoamy
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 3:49 PM
I'm still taking these rumors with a grain of salt but would be nice to see another MVC announced. As for characters all I want to see from Capcom is one of the Onimusha main characters.

Posted by kentnz
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 4:47 PM
I will pick up the ultimate version once it launches :)

Posted by Bank
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 4:49 PM
WEN'S MAHVEL

Posted by cortez72
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 5:47 PM
I'm guessing the potential omission of Wolverine and Magneto (X-men all) is due to the licensing of the characters between Disney and 20th Century Fox. Hard to have Capcom, Disney and Fox all going backwards and forth about approval's.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Tuesday 29 Nov 2016 6:09 PM
As long as they include a proper Aracade mode, not something pathetic like SFV launched with, then I'm happy.