Ni no Kuni 2 to Feature Kingdom Creation

Ni no Kuni 2 to Feature Kingdom Creation

Details for Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom have been sparse since the game’s reveal at the PlayStation Experience last year. However, Akihiro Hino – CEO of developer Level-5 – has just shed some light on the RPG in a recent interview.

“There will be many new features,” Hino said in an interview with Vandal.net (via Gematsu). “From the fact alone that we moved from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4, it will not be a simple RPG, and will introduce a new system focused on creating a kingdom. So yes, there will be many differences.”

It's unclear if this new system will be a pivotal element of the game, or a minor feature.

Hino was later asked about Switch support – Nintendo’s upcoming console, marrying the portable and home experiences.

“We plan to make games for Nintendo Switch, but I think it’s very important to find out the best way to get the most out of the console,” he answered. “For that reason, we won’t have any titles at launch, but we’ll work with it as soon as we figure out how to take advantage of it.”

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom is in development for PlayStation 4. No release date has been given.

Posted by Bank
On Monday 31 Oct 2016 2:33 PM
Noooo.
No no, please don't. I already don't have enough time as it is. I don't want to be found dead recreating Georama from Dark Chronicles for 12 hours.

Posted by cortez72
On Monday 31 Oct 2016 3:33 PM
31 October 2016, 02:33 PM Reply to Bank
Noooo.
I was jokingly saying to a friend the other day- imagine if they made a new one of these on the current gen- the last was already amazing. I must have missed the news that this was a thing. Amazing! Amazing.

Posted by Bank
On Monday 31 Oct 2016 5:16 PM
31 October 2016, 03:33 PM Reply to cortez72
You definitely did miss it mate. These are good times.

Posted by ptys
On Tuesday 1 Nov 2016 1:50 AM
Hmm interesting. Prob. can't wait the two years from now when I'll [most likely] get a switch, so PS4 it is!

Posted by atipuss
On Tuesday 1 Nov 2016 8:09 AM
Looking forward to it..didn't get to play the first