Steam Summer Sales Have Begun

Steam Summer Sales Have Begun

Valve has launched its new season of sales: the Steam Summer Picnic Sale. Yes, you read that right – different hemispheres and the winter season won’t get in the way of Valve, and their PC gaming deals.

The sales have begun with some heavy hitters, including:

• Fallout 4: $49.97 NZD (was $99.95)
  • The Witcher 3: $42.49 NZD (was $84.99)
  • DOOM: $59.97 NZD (was $99.95)
  • XCOM 2: $59.97 NZD (was $99.95)

There are even more deals available if you head on over to the Steam store front. The sale will last until July 5, 5AM NZST.

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Friday 24 Jun 2016 1:07 PM
Poor choice of thumbnail, there's still money in that wallet...

Posted by LukeB
On Friday 24 Jun 2016 1:26 PM
Just picked up Doom for 40% off - pretty stocked right now :)

Thinking about getting Solus and Cloudlands: VR Minigolf too - could always do with more VR games to try out :P

Posted by LukeB
On Friday 24 Jun 2016 2:05 PM
Mmmmmm, Fallout and The Witcher 3 for PC are also super tempting.... but I already own them on the X1.... why couldn't THEY be XPA titles :P

On Friday 24 Jun 2016 5:12 PM
Had a look, cod bo3 is the same price as cod bo1 lol rip off. xD

On Friday 24 Jun 2016 5:13 PM
24 June 2016, 02:05 PM Reply to LukeB
Get them on pc-or atleast witcher 3 you wont regret it trust me, and tell me what vr is like, since you seem to have it?

Posted by LukeB
On Friday 24 Jun 2016 5:22 PM
24 June 2016, 05:13 PM Reply to ThatUndeadLegacy
I might pick up The Witcher 3 again, but as I said, don't REALLY need to as I already own it on the X1 (and it's not like I have the time to go back and play it, lol), as for what I think of VR.... Okay! :)

Here:
* A Look at the HTC Vive: Part 1 - The Costs | http://nzgamer.com/features/1462/a-look-at-the-htc-vive-part-1-the-costs.html
* A Look at the HTC Vive: Part 2 - The Experience | http://nzgamer.com/features/1466/a-look-at-the-htc-vive-part-2-the-experience.html
* A Look at the HTC Vive: Part 3 - The Games | Coming Soon, and will have at least 1 new game to add to my thoughts thanks to the Steam sale... E3 was exhausting and I needed a break before writing another 2k+ words on a single subject :)

Posted by Bank
On Friday 24 Jun 2016 9:45 PM
I'm so stoked that the browser isn't loading their page for me. Thanks for saving me Munnyz! Cut down on the PC gaming trap.

Posted by arkwright
On Friday 24 Jun 2016 10:01 PM
Far Cry 4 meets budget parameters. Swoop.

El cheapo budget titles will probably add to the clutter in my Steam vault as well :) Another lost weekend ahead, woohoo.

Posted by jtbthatsme
On Friday 24 Jun 2016 11:32 PM
I'm just glad my pc is broken and my laptop not really powerful enough to play most games I'd buy during sales lol.

Posted by ChimeraNZ
On Sunday 26 Jun 2016 11:43 AM
Finally got around to playing Tomb Raider (2013) which I am hugely enjoying. Rise of the Tomb Raider is down to $50 which I am definitely tempted! Also Dying Light is about the same so not sure which one to go for first.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Sunday 26 Jun 2016 7:46 PM
26 June 2016, 11:43 AM Reply to ChimeraNZ
If you're enjoying Tomb Raider I highly recommend Rise of the Tomb Raider, it's a huge improvement over the first game in every way. Easily my favourite game of last year.

Posted by ChimeraNZ
On Monday 27 Jun 2016 8:27 AM
26 June 2016, 07:46 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
Sold! Also found that there was a bundle that includes Just Cause 3 + Rise of the Tomb Raider for $50 - but because I already owned JC3 it meant the bundle was only $31! Steal!

Posted by Antmannz
On Friday 1 Jul 2016 3:03 PM
Is it just me who thinks some of those sale prices are pretty average?

Posted by emetic
On Wednesday 17 Aug 2016 1:45 AM
1 July 2016, 03:03 PM Reply to Antmannz
Is it just me who thinks some of those sale prices are pretty average?
Nah there are some decent ones.