Street Fighter V Story Mode Detailed

Street Fighter V Story Mode Detailed

Capcom still intends to release Street Fighter V’s story mode this June, in what promises to be the biggest update the fighting game has seen since its launch in February.

Titled A Shadow Falls, the campaign will be three-to-four hours in length, and will release for free at the end of the month. It seeks to bridge the gap between Street Fighter IV and Street Fighter III, focusing on the “ultimate battle” between the evil Shadaloo organisation, and the World Warriors.

Further, all six DLC characters will be “fully playable” in the story mode. This includes Alex, Guile, Ibuki, Balrog, Urien, and Juri. Though they won’t be released fully until later in the year, it should give players a chance to try them out and see who their hard-earned Fight Money will go towards.

The update will also bring premium battle costumes for all characters too. These costumes can only be purchased with real currency, as Capcom announced that they will be stepping away from their proposed Zenny model. Instead, they will use the PlayStation Store and Steam Stores.

For a full run-down, check out the Capcom Blog.

Source: IGN

Posted by darklordfoamy
On Friday 10 Jun 2016 2:50 PM
Was wondering what was up with this and good to know it's still on track though expecting it to be at the end of the month as usual. Still will finally get to play as Juri at last as she was the character I enjoyed using the most in SFIV so hoping she is still enjoyable.

Posted by Syn-Ryn
On Friday 10 Jun 2016 3:09 PM
Wheres my boy Urien at? The people demand the bulge.

Posted by Nick2016NZ
On Friday 10 Jun 2016 4:03 PM
I'm still salty about it not having even an arcade mode at release, and when they admitted they rushed the game out for the EVO tournament that just made me even more pissed, so this news does nothing for me except remind me of it. Never again Crapcom.

Posted by dark_hadou1
On Friday 10 Jun 2016 7:58 PM
This is too far down the track for me now - just don't have the interest.

I'll happily wait until bargain bin or next in the series

Posted by Ron
On Saturday 11 Jun 2016 9:22 AM
10 June 2016, 04:03 PM Reply to Nick2016NZ
So on the $$$. Epic fail from them.

Posted by Bank
On Saturday 11 Jun 2016 11:25 AM
I legitimately think I may not be a part of competitive SFV. Not because it's bad - because it's great. But my heart's in BlazBlue, Persona and I only have time to practice for a couple.

Really hope to be able to play the story mode through a friend or something though! I really enjoyed the story/acting stuff in this. It's way better than the USF4 one.