The next update for the Universal iOS game Jetpack Joyride, version 1.3, is bringing a whole new category of collectable items for you to unlock. Called gadgets, they actually provide some level of in-game benefit, unlike the various hats and costumes you can currently purchase with the in-game currency.
Due in April, the patch includes at least the following announced gadgets to use while jetpack joyriding:
- Air Barrys -- Leap gracefully over obstacles with these designer sneakers.
- Ezy-Dodge Missiles -- If you're going to play a game of chicken with a missile, make sure it's an Ezy-Dodge!
- Free Ride -- Stop off at the motor pool before smashing through the laboratory wall. Why didn't Barry think of this earlier?
- Freeze-O-Matic -- There's no better way to cool down after a hard run than being snap-frozen in a solid block of ice. It also helps you slide a few extra meters.
- Gemology -- A special Blingification technique that converts coins into high-value Gems. For some reason it only works on coins minted in 1985.
- Nerd Repellent -- The patent-pending formula is so potent that the whole laboratory had to be abandoned.
- To find out more about this (or any other) game, head over to http://www.nzgamer.com/ for all the news, views, and information that matters.
Not familiar with the title? Catch up on the simple, compelling, and award-winning action game for iOS here