E3 2013: The Wrap-Up

E3 2013: The Wrap-Up

Everything you need to know from E3 2013.

For the past week we’ve been coming to you live from Los Angeles, bringing all of the big news and announcements, along with preview coverage of the biggest and best games heading our way in the hopefully-not-too-distant future.

Our team of four journalists have been hard at work, bringing you impressions from all of the games that are making waves. We’ve put together a handy round-up of these articles for you to check out.

Our E3 experience started with checking out some PlayStation exclusives, including the stunning looking inFamous: Second Son and Knack for PS4, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for both PS4 and PS3, Beyond: Two Souls and Puppeteer for PS3, and Killzone: Mercenary and Destiny of Spirits for Vita.

Project Spark, Forza Motorsport 5, Fantasia: Music Evolved, Dead Rising 3, were all Xbox One exclusives we saw, although Fantasia will be heading to the current-gen Xbox 360.

Heading to both the PS4 and Xbox One are games such as Dying Light, Mad Max, The Division, EA Sports UFC, and The Evil Within.

However, if you’re looking for games that you can play without requiring the need to upgrade to a next-generation console, we checked out Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Diablo III (console edition), Murdered: Soul Suspect, and Call of Duty: Ghosts (which will make the leap to next-generation consoles as well). Sega's Booth Tour gave us a look at what they’re working on. Over on the PC side of things, we got a look at DayZ, and Arma 3.

Stay tuned for further impressions from E3, there’s still more to come! You can check that all out on our E3 Coverage Centre, sponsored by Orcon.

Let us know which games you’re looking forward to the most from this year’s E3 in the comments below!

Khaos_Kiwi NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 11:14 AM
There are just too many! Out of the new IP's just announced I am really intrigued by The Division. Then there is also the next-gen versions of Battlefield 4, NBA 2k14, Watch_Dogs, Destiny, EA's UFC, Killzone Shadowfall, The Crew, The Witcher 3, Infamous 2nd Son, Dying Light, South Park: Stick of Truth and probably many more that I've missed out!

Then there is also GTA V which will be my last game on this current gen.

And also I will be getting Rome 2: Total War and Company of Heroes 2 for PC as well.

Damn! Looks like I need to start saving hahaha!

ReaperCrew NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by ReaperCrew
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 11:57 AM
In my option "The Division" was with out a doubt, the standout title. As for the next most interesting title, that is a much harder decision as there are a number of really good quality titles coming.

supabowl NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by supabowl
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 12:06 PM
Lots of good looking games coming. Metal Gear Solid V is the one im most excited about! Also cant wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 and the next Final Fantasy

theillmatic1 NZGamer.com VIP VIP
Posted by theillmatic1
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 3:20 PM
Man this has been the biggest E3 in years. So many games. So little money

FlatPitch
Posted by FlatPitch
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 4:23 PM
This was best E3 from what I remember

OriginalSin NZGamer.com VIP VIP Silver
Posted by OriginalSin
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 4:41 PM
Re: Project Spark. Not exclusive, it's coming to Windows 8 and Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was the stand out title for me, really looking forward to completing the saga.

Maugapaia
Posted by Maugapaia
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 5:41 PM
I can't wait for The Division! And Watch Dogs, and GTAV. It's going to be a good holiday season!

NZGamer
Posted by NZGamer
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 5:55 PM
17 June 2013, 04:41 PM Reply to OriginalSin

That's still exclusive, in the gaming world; "exclusive" just means to one console manufacturer and is still applied even if the game is also coming to PC (or, in this case, tablets.) It just means "not coming to PlayStation / Nintendo."

BlakeyNZ NZGamer.com VIP VIP Silver
Posted by BlakeyNZ
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 6:19 PM
I'm most looking forward to batman arkham origins.

Genocide NZGamer.com VIP VIP Gold
Posted by Genocide
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 6:42 PM
Everything from DICE!

dark_hadou1 NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by dark_hadou1
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 6:44 PM
FF XV FTW!

I really enjoyed just taking the sights (albeit in my living room) that you guys kindly shared with us, and watching all the trailers.

May my wallet be stricken with nocash*tis come December

SpawnSeekSlay NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 9:29 PM
Console reveals always make an E3 the best of a decade. Hence this was the Best E3 in years!!

SpawnSeekSlay NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 9:32 PM
Im most hyped for DESTINY.
But with a console reveal and sooo my new IPs its hard to just have one. Witcher 3, Killzone Shadowfall, Infamous, The Division etc
Next year is going to be GREAT!

imonthenet
Posted by imonthenet
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 9:41 PM
This year E3 was just amazing. I don't know if I was blinded by the next-gen hype, especially surrounding the used-games debacle, but I really felt that Sony won this year. Also Ubisoft brought it hard, The Division, The Crew, and Watch_Dogs all look like an amazing incentive to make the jump. Definitely looking at a launch purchase

guido NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by guido
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 10:12 PM
I'm most interested in The Witcher, Destiny, Killzone, InFamous, Beyond: 2 Souls, Dying Light, The Order: 1886 and The Division. That is all :-) Oh, also Assassins Creed 4! And The Evil Within! Bring on December and a shiny (and matte) new PS4! :-)

MrDynamX
Posted by MrDynamX
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 10:15 PM
IMO, best E3 yet!

Zakalwe
Posted by Zakalwe
On Monday 17 Jun 2013 10:53 PM
The Witcher 3 and Titanfall are the titles that have me the most curious. Titanfall will scratch that Giant Mech fighting game itch that I've had ever since Mechwarrior 2 and The Witcher 3 sounds like it's going to by Skyrim on steroids.....<drool>

Alta_Ranga
Posted by Alta_Ranga
On Tuesday 18 Jun 2013 3:12 AM
Great coverage, guys.

I know E3 is a bit crazy (quite literally so much to do and no time to do it) so I'd just like to say thanks for your efforts and well done.

Sadly my car died at the weekend, so it ends up all I have actually enjoyed doing is reading about games I can no longer afford. =)

Oh well. Such is life...

nos4r2d2
Posted by nos4r2d2
On Tuesday 18 Jun 2013 11:46 AM
It looks like the best E3 yet but I fear my best gaming days were on the PS2 as this current generation has been nothing but a disappointment to me.

LoftyDog NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by LoftyDog
On Tuesday 18 Jun 2013 2:14 PM
generally a well covered conference. My only critique would be you were too nice. It seemed like every preview was glowing, and lets be honest, not all these games will be great. Remember the people showing you the game are paid to make it look great, and they are very good at it.

Inferis
Posted by Inferis
On Tuesday 18 Jun 2013 5:44 PM
Some excellent looking titles on the horizon. Would've liked to see a decent clip of GTAV gameplay, but that's only a minor whinge.

pullabuckie NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by pullabuckie
On Wednesday 19 Jun 2013 5:53 PM
The Division is the game we are all looking forward to.

Serpent_Riders_Dsparil
Posted by Serpent_Riders_Dsparil
On Wednesday 19 Jun 2013 7:40 PM
If this E3 taught me anything all I need this Gen is a PS4 and my Gaming PC. Cheers NZ Gamer :)

kiwibadboy NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by kiwibadboy
On Wednesday 19 Jun 2013 11:18 PM
I've been waiting for Watch_Dogs for so long! The Division, Killzone: Shadowfall, and Infamous 2nd son are my faves of this year.

Seraphim NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by Seraphim
On Thursday 20 Jun 2013 12:04 AM
So many great titles this year. I'm actually quite excited to see how the new combat mechanics work in Final Fantasy XV. Also looking forward to The Division and ESO.

tom_nz NZGamer.com VIP VIP Silver
Posted by tom_nz
On Thursday 20 Jun 2013 1:38 PM
Overall a pretty sweet E3, probably the best I've seen/can remember. Good job nzgamer with the coverage, hopefully you're all recovering and having a decent break.

grieving NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by grieving
On Thursday 20 Jun 2013 6:55 PM
Good work team.

thegr8link NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by thegr8link
On Friday 21 Jun 2013 10:17 AM
Gutted that there isn't more news around The Division, that game looked great but still a lot of unknowns. Great coverage overall though

sick_wierdo
Posted by sick_wierdo
On Sunday 23 Jun 2013 1:59 AM
The highlight of e3 for me wasn't so much any of the games, but the PS4 reveal and how Sony pretty much destroyed Microsoft

dxbn NZGamer.com VIP VIP Bronze
Posted by dxbn
On Monday 24 Jun 2013 10:51 AM
the game i'm most looking forward to is forza 5

sonny6894
Posted by sonny6894
On Monday 24 Jun 2013 7:00 PM
This E3 was awesome and just so many games that is just insane!
Games I am definitely going to get are Destiny (because it is bungie's and bungie did an awesome job with halo and now destiny even better), Fifa 14, Battlefield 4, COD Ghosts and that is just a number there will be many more and I am completely booked for the summer! Just games games and games!