Make your choices!
The Last of Us, the next game from legendary developers Naughty Dog (Uncharted, Jak & Daxter, Crash Bandicoot), is nearly here. How nearly? Next week nearly.
We recently asked you to contribute questions which would then be asked of Naughty Dog, who will reply in video form. The catch? Only five questions can be chosen.
It's time to choose!
- Is there a risk that, while exposing your game to potential buyers through trailers and videos, you over-expose them and reveal information you'd rather they find out through play?
- What exactly does the multiplayer consist of?
- Will there be driving mechanics or are those all cutscenes?
- Any story dlc on the horizon?
- How are you guys planning to do exposition in The Last of Us? I feel that with this unique setting and atmosphere you have much more freedom to tell interesting stories through the environment, rather than have an NPC give you the details. Do you see yourselves sticking to your guns with a more Uncharted style of narrative, or trying something very different with this new IP?
- Honestly, being that I've suspected this from the start, I'd ask whether they feel it would be more emotional for Joel to be infected and Ellie to have to kill him, or for the entire journey to be wasted when SHE gets infected and he has to kill her?
- This is the first time you have developed a second major franchise for one console, when you are known for ''one series per generation''.. Do you see this as a final 'swan song' for the PS3 that pushes it to it's limit, or is there possibly more to come?
- For those of us that hate escort missions. Can Joel just shoot the girl and carry on by himself?
- What does the violence filter do in the options menu?
- Will this be a standalone title, or the beginning of a new series?
- Are they including any easter eggs from previous naughty dog games?
- Will this or any of the Drake games be re-released on the PS4?
- Why did you want to make The Last Of Us? instead of making a Uncharted 4 or Jak and Daxer game?
- what kind of games influenced 'The Last of Us' during development and what would be your favourite game outside of those you've developed.
So how do you vote? Simple!
Each of the questions is posted as a comment on this story; simply thumbs-up the ones you like and thumbs-down the ones you don't.
The ones with the most votes at the end of the day will be selected!
The Last of Us releases on June 14th for PlayStation 3; look for our review soon.