Atari have announced the release date for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D, a revamped version of the 1999 original. Developed by n-Space (Heroes of Ruin), the portable construction and management sim is headed to retail on October 26th.
From the press release:
Since its inception in 1999, Chris Sawyer's original RollerCoaster Tycoon and its sequels have captivated audiences with a gaming experience that put a whole new spin on the world of theme parks. Now, 12 years later and with over 11 million units sold, the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise makes its debut on a portable handheld for the first time ever.
New features exclusively for Nintendo 3DS include (from the press release):
- An entirely new gameplay mode called “Coaster Story”, which blends together tutorials and park challenges into a cohesive and entertaining narrative and offers players tons of special unlockable content
- The first-person view for coaster rides fully immerses players with the innovative 3D display exclusive to Nintendo 3DS
- The ability to freely customize the design of roller coasters and theme parks with the use of a stylus and the touch-screen interface
- Just like at a real theme park, take a snapshot of yourself on a ride and share it with your friends
- Gyro sensor allows players to look around their theme park by simply tilting their Nintendo 3DS
- Create the ultimate coaster and easily share it with friends through StreetPass
- Invite your StreetPass Mii Plaza friends to your theme park