Call of Duty Black Ops has only been out a few days and PlayStation 3 players are already reporting serious multiplayer glitches. A list was compiled on the official Black Ops forums, which are currently down for maintenance. However, the list was picked up by Gamesradar.
- Cannot invite friends to join the game
- "Disconnected due to transmission Error" appears after a match
- Mic icons not displaying in game lobby
- "Locale Search" not functioning
- Players respawning too close to enemies
- "Theater" mode not functioning
- Knifing control doesn't work
- Leaderboard information is wrong
- Framerate issues
- Crashing issues
In addition to the problems listed, the Black Ops multiplayer design director David Vonderhaar has spoken out against players exploiting multiplayer glitches, "Given the opportunity, I'd personally wield the ban hammer for anyone who thinks he is clever by abusing any glitches. Good thing I don't have the opportunity that often and we actually have a constructive, measured, and well-managed live ops team."
Vonderhaar also warns against posting videos of the glitches as they cause 'glitch hysteria', "What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either. Internet hysteria from normal people is exactly what they want and that's how many people reacted today. You gave them exactly what they want."