The cover car for Sony's new addition to the iconic Gran Turismo series has been announced. The mechanical beast that got the job is the "gull winged terror" - the Mercedes SLS AMG.
Sony picked the car from over 1000 other playable cars in the game. They have also released details of some new features that we can expect to see:
- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage
- First screens of GT5's night racing
- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors
- Up to 16 players online
- Indy cars and tracks will be included
- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing
- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)
- HD uploads to YouTube
- Night racing for all tracks
- All cars will have cockpit view (the 170 premium are the ones on which the interior will also damage - the rest only external damage)
- Night & Day cycle and weather effects on all tracks
- Damage (visual and mechanical)
Thanks to Arnies for this news tip submission!
Keep it Locked to NZGamer.com