Valve have just released a new update for TF2 that adds fixes to the TF2 graphics engine and adding new variables for game play. They have also released a very, very strange audio clip.
The interesting development however has been the release of a TF2 video, which Kotaku are reporting is evidence of Valve possibly hinting at a new co-operative game mode for Team Fortress 2.
Have a listen to this cryptic clip from Valve. Do you think that the slightly bizarre words of the announcer is prophesising a new game mode for one of Valve's flagship multiplayer franchises? Or is it heralding a new change to the way that Team Fortress 2 incorporates the Steam Friend system? Comment below!
For those more interesting in the tech side of things, here are the update details in depth:
* Added checks to prevent transferring .smx, .gcf, and .sys files between client/server
* Fixed upload/download exploits with spaces in the file extension or a path separator at the beginning of the requested file (as reported on the HLDS mailing lists)
Team Fortress 2
* Fixed custom particle systems inside maps causing particles to break in successive maps
* Fixed a rare vphysics crash
* Fixed background highlight for KOTH timers not being aligned properly in minmode
* Fixed the Heavy's fists being hidden while taunting
* Fixed cloaked Spies having the critboost effect on their weapon
* Fixed banned clients being able to spamming a server with the "joined" chat text
* Fixed seeing the wrong class counts if the game swapped teams while the class menu was open
* Fixed Spies being able to disguise while performing a taunt
* Fixed having to press the voice menu key twice if the menu timed out and closed itself last time it was open
* Fixed the "Confirm Delete" dialog in the Items menu not handling the key correctly
* Fixed dispenser not healing players at the correct rate if it's upgraded while the players are already touching the dispenser
* Fixed exec'ing the .cfg file for a class change before the player has actually changed class